Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Search Box

Sometimes for the heck of it I browse the statistics for this blog.  Yesterday, I noticed readers had used the search box at the top for three subjects -- big butt beach, seashells with graves, and Can I go to the beach with shingles?  Hmmmmm.

Yes, once upon a time I did a post about a woman with a large derriere we'd seen walking down Medina (the equivalent of Main Street) in a skimpy thong on Isla Mujeres.  It was quite  controversial and I wish I had $5 for every click on that post!

In regards to the shingles question, I'm not a doctor, but just from our experience with shingles (they're on Craig's list of recent medical fiascos), I hope the searcher waited to go to the beach.  Ouch ouch ouch.  Craig had them on his face a few years ago and stayed in a dark room out of the sun with a supply of pain pills for a few weeks.  You have my deepest sympathy because shingles are no fun.

Seashells with graves?  That search is puzzling, but I'm wondering if someone was looking for photos of Zina Vishnevsky's gravesite?  Several friends who haven't been to the island for a few years have asked me if I had photos of her grave, so I snapped a few this trip.  For readers who never knew her, Zina was an American ex-pat blogger from Ohio who lived on Isla Mujeres for many years.  She died of complications from M.S.


 


Her good friend Laurence Levy, Lolo Lorena of restaurant fame, designed and decorated Zina's grave.  It's a true work of art.  What a beautiful tribute!

Maybe I should feature search box questions once a month.  You never know what topics could pop up!




2 comments:

Kathy said...

I didn't know Zina had passed away! I used to follow her blog (I think linked from your site.) That's too bad. MS really sucks.

Life's a Beach! said...

Kathy, she died in March 2014. Sorry you found out from my blog!